More than 18 billion apps downloaded from App Store
Scott Forstall dropped some impressive numbers about iOS and the App Store today. He told the audience that iOS has grabbed the #1 mobile-operating system spot with a 43% market share. Android is in second place with 33%. Those numbers as of July and are reported by ComScore.
The App Store now has more that 500,000 apps, with 140,000 of those being designed specifically for the iPad. Those numbers make Apple's App Store the number one store for apps in the world. Most impressively, iOS users are downloading more than a billion apps a month now. Total app downloads have now exceeded 18 billion. Best news for developers is that devs have earned over $3 billion off their apps so far.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)