October 16th is "Steve Jobs Day" in California, private memorial planned
California Governor Jerry Brown tweeted Friday night that tomorrow, Sunday October 16th, will be "Steve Jobs Day" in the state. The honor comes just eleven days after the Apple co-founder died due to complications from pancreatic cancer.
October 16 is also the date when Apple will hold an invitation-only memorial service for Jobs at Stanford University. Invites to the memorial, which is closed to the public, were sent to "a range of people" including "prominent Silicon Valley executives," according to an Apple spokesperson.
Later this week, Apple will hold another private event -- this time for Apple employees -- on its Cupertino campus. The October 19th event will be "celebration of [Steve's] life," according to an email sent by Tim Cook.
Apple fans around the world who want to express their memories and gratitude for Steve Jobs can do so by sending an email to Apple at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration