October 16th is "Steve Jobs Day" in California, private memorial planned
California Governor Jerry Brown tweeted Friday night that tomorrow, Sunday October 16th, will be "Steve Jobs Day" in the state. The honor comes just eleven days after the Apple co-founder died due to complications from pancreatic cancer.
October 16 is also the date when Apple will hold an invitation-only memorial service for Jobs at Stanford University. Invites to the memorial, which is closed to the public, were sent to "a range of people" including "prominent Silicon Valley executives," according to an Apple spokesperson.
Later this week, Apple will hold another private event -- this time for Apple employees -- on its Cupertino campus. The October 19th event will be "celebration of [Steve's] life," according to an email sent by Tim Cook.
Apple fans around the world who want to express their memories and gratitude for Steve Jobs can do so by sending an email to Apple at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Governor Jerry Brown tweeted Friday night that tomorrow, Sunday October 16th, will be "Steve Jobs Day" in the state. The...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs