Steve reportedly worked on Apple's next product until his last day
A new interview with the CEO of Softbank, Masayoshi Son, seems to indicate that Steve Jobs did indeed work on Apple products right up until his last day of life. While talking to the US Ambassador to Japan, Son said that during a meeting on the day of the iPhone 4S announcement, he was speaking with Apple CEO Tim Cook, who apologized because he had to excuse himself. "Oh Masa, sorry I have to quit our meeting," Cook reportedly said. "He said, 'My boss is calling me,'" claims Son. Cook also said Jobs was calling specifically because he wanted to talk about the company's next product, which we haven't yet heard about.
PC Magazine speculates that product was the iPhone 5, but whatever it happens to be, it appears Jobs was thinking about Apple right up until the end. That definitely fits everything we know about the man, who pushed for quality in his company and his products no matter what. It looks like we haven't seen the last of Steve's legacy just yet.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options