Job listing points to future Berlin Apple Store
Last January we heard that Apple intents to build a new Apple Store in the Kurfürstendamm section of Berlin, several job listings have appeared on Apple's German jobs site. As noted by ifoAppleStore, the listings don't outright confirm the future Berlin location, but construction at an historic theater at Kurfürstendamm 26 suggest Apple is behind the renovation.
The building dates to 1913 and survived the rampant bombings of Berlin in World War II. The theatre inside was renovated in the 1940's while the exterior features the original Doric columns.
Besides the location and historic status, Kurfürstendamm 26 also has the floor space Apple values in flagship stores. The building has three levels with the ground and second floors measuring 7,000 square-feet each. The third floor has 10,000 square-feet of space while the basement has another 9,600 square-feet, which could be used for offices and inventory storage.
Based on the construction, ifoAppleStore surmises the store could be open by mid-2012.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration