Apple grabs more online visitors than Walmart this season
A new report from comScore shows that Apple netted more online visitors in the U.S. in November than retail giant Walmart.
Apple's sites got more than 79 million unique visitors from the U.S. compared with under 59 million for Walmart. The reason behind these numbers? iTunes downloads, Ad Age says.
Neither site topped Amazon, which drew more than 112 million unique visitors and was the highest-ranked retail site on comScore's matrix, which included visitors from homes, businesses and academic networks. It'll be interesting to see how these numbers will change for this month, when people use their gifted iTunes cards and new gadgets to grab even more content from iTunes.
[via All Things D]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter