Apple to appeal ruling in Italian court
Earlier this week, Apple was fined for poor communication of its warranty policies in an Italian court. Today, Apple has stated that it will appeal that ruling, according to The Register.
Apple was fined 900,000 Euros (approximately US$1.2 million) for failing to inform customers that they may receive free service biennially (via the Consumer Code) and for selling Apple Protection Plans that overlapped availability of that free service.
Apple denies up-selling the typically year-long Apple Protection Plan, and will appeal the associated fines, according to The Register. Apple was also ordered to alter AppleCare packaging so that it mentions the free Customer Code service.
Earlier this week, Apple was fined for poor communication of its warranty policies in an Italian court. Today, Apple has stated that it...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved