Apple to appeal ruling in Italian court
Earlier this week, Apple was fined for poor communication of its warranty policies in an Italian court. Today, Apple has stated that it will appeal that ruling, according to The Register.
Apple was fined 900,000 Euros (approximately US$1.2 million) for failing to inform customers that they may receive free service biennially (via the Consumer Code) and for selling Apple Protection Plans that overlapped availability of that free service.
Apple denies up-selling the typically year-long Apple Protection Plan, and will appeal the associated fines, according to The Register. Apple was also ordered to alter AppleCare packaging so that it mentions the free Customer Code service.
Earlier this week, Apple was fined for poor communication of its warranty policies in an Italian court. Today, Apple has stated that it...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates