AAPL hits $500
Shares in Apple have reached a new all-time high today, pausing briefly at the stratospheric height of $503.83 this morning before dropping slightly below that level. It wasn't all that long ago -- three months -- that Apple shares were quavering around $360.
There's more to come. Seeking Alpha's Robert Paul Leitao has now set a 2012 price target of $790 per share for AAPL. Leitao does note that if Apple takes the step of beginning to pay quarterly dividends, that could affect the share price in a very positive way: "Extraordinary events such as a resumption of a regular quarterly dividend or a share split are also not factored into this share price forecast and may accelerate the pace at which the shares approach this $790 price target."
[Stock charts via NASDAQ.com]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates