Cupertino Chamber of Commerce gives Steve Jobs posthumous award
Cupertino honored Steve Jobs by posthumously awarding him the 2012 President's Award. The award was presented during the city's Chamber of Commerce STAR Awards ceremony this past Saturday, says a report in Patch.
The annual STAR awards recognize citizens who are exceptional in their community service work or leadership. The recipient of the President's Award is decided by Chamber president John Zirelli, a general manager at waste management company Recology. Michael Foulkes, Apple's senior manager for state and local government affairs, accepted the honor on Jobs's behalf.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options