Cupertino Chamber of Commerce gives Steve Jobs posthumous award
Cupertino honored Steve Jobs by posthumously awarding him the 2012 President's Award. The award was presented during the city's Chamber of Commerce STAR Awards ceremony this past Saturday, says a report in Patch.
The annual STAR awards recognize citizens who are exceptional in their community service work or leadership. The recipient of the President's Award is decided by Chamber president John Zirelli, a general manager at waste management company Recology. Michael Foulkes, Apple's senior manager for state and local government affairs, accepted the honor on Jobs's behalf.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync