Lion's Auto Save vs. Save As
I have already talked about the totally unnecessary (in my view) elimination of the 'Save As...' command in Apple applications, including the iWork suite. The 'Duplicate' command that replaces it is simply not a good enough replacement, and the change irremediably breaks well-established workflows that cannot be adapted to the new command."
Amen, Pierre. He goes on to illustrate the various stumbling blocks that Auto Save and its Duplicate feature introduced. It's worth a read.
[Via Daring Fireball]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter