Apple wins patents for Smart Covers, iTunes Store, Time Machine and more
Patently Apple reports that Apple had acquired a number of new patents to its arsenal today. Among the 25 patents issued to the company include:
- A second patent for the iTunes store and its rental system, originally filed in January 2008
- A fifth patent for Time Machine, covering a user interface that shows earlier versions of data. This was originally filed in 2007.
- Design patents for the current-generation iMac, iPad Smart Covers, Apple Store displays, the iOS Newsstand icon and a power adapter.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free