Apple wins patents for Smart Covers, iTunes Store, Time Machine and more
Patently Apple reports that Apple had acquired a number of new patents to its arsenal today. Among the 25 patents issued to the company include:
- A second patent for the iTunes store and its rental system, originally filed in January 2008
- A fifth patent for Time Machine, covering a user interface that shows earlier versions of data. This was originally filed in 2007.
- Design patents for the current-generation iMac, iPad Smart Covers, Apple Store displays, the iOS Newsstand icon and a power adapter.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update