Apple wins patents for Smart Covers, iTunes Store, Time Machine and more
Patently Apple reports that Apple had acquired a number of new patents to its arsenal today. Among the 25 patents issued to the company include:
- A second patent for the iTunes store and its rental system, originally filed in January 2008
- A fifth patent for Time Machine, covering a user interface that shows earlier versions of data. This was originally filed in 2007.
- Design patents for the current-generation iMac, iPad Smart Covers, Apple Store displays, the iOS Newsstand icon and a power adapter.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV