Apple wins patents for Smart Covers, iTunes Store, Time Machine and more
Patently Apple reports that Apple had acquired a number of new patents to its arsenal today. Among the 25 patents issued to the company include:
- A second patent for the iTunes store and its rental system, originally filed in January 2008
- A fifth patent for Time Machine, covering a user interface that shows earlier versions of data. This was originally filed in 2007.
- Design patents for the current-generation iMac, iPad Smart Covers, Apple Store displays, the iOS Newsstand icon and a power adapter.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client