OS X Lion updated: 10.7.4 fixes FileVault vulnerability
Fire up Software Update if you're using Lion, and be prepared to have your passwords protected by encryption, as they should be. After a nasty error in 10.7.3, fixed in the just-out 10.7.4 update, I'm hoping Apple learned a lesson.
The update also includes a few welcome fixes for other issues. From Apple:
The 10.7.4 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that:
- Resolve an issue where the "Reopen windows when logging back in" setting is always enabled
- Improve compatibility with certain British third-party USB keyboards
- Address an issue that may prevent files from being saved to a server
- Improve the reliability of copying files to an SMB server
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5167.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
As you update (back up first!) let us know how it goes.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved