OS X Lion updated: 10.7.4 fixes FileVault vulnerability
Fire up Software Update if you're using Lion, and be prepared to have your passwords protected by encryption, as they should be. After a nasty error in 10.7.3, fixed in the just-out 10.7.4 update, I'm hoping Apple learned a lesson.
The update also includes a few welcome fixes for other issues. From Apple:
The 10.7.4 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that:
- Resolve an issue where the "Reopen windows when logging back in" setting is always enabled
- Improve compatibility with certain British third-party USB keyboards
- Address an issue that may prevent files from being saved to a server
- Improve the reliability of copying files to an SMB server
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5167.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
As you update (back up first!) let us know how it goes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs