Foxconn building new production line for Apple products
Apple must be expecting record sales of new and existing products, as manufacturing partner Foxconn has announced a US$210 million investment in a new production line in the Chinese city of Huai'an in Jiangsu province.
The new line is expected to be cranking out unspecified Apple products by October of 2012. It covers an area of 40,000 square meters, and will employ 35,800 workers. That's a relatively small percentage of Foxconn's total employee count, which numbers over one million.
China Daily notes that the expected value of products created by the plant will be in the range of $949 to $1.1 billion annually, with an import/export value of about $56 million.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options