Foxconn building new production line for Apple products
Apple must be expecting record sales of new and existing products, as manufacturing partner Foxconn has announced a US$210 million investment in a new production line in the Chinese city of Huai'an in Jiangsu province.
The new line is expected to be cranking out unspecified Apple products by October of 2012. It covers an area of 40,000 square meters, and will employ 35,800 workers. That's a relatively small percentage of Foxconn's total employee count, which numbers over one million.
China Daily notes that the expected value of products created by the plant will be in the range of $949 to $1.1 billion annually, with an import/export value of about $56 million.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)