Foxconn building new production line for Apple products
Apple must be expecting record sales of new and existing products, as manufacturing partner Foxconn has announced a US$210 million investment in a new production line in the Chinese city of Huai'an in Jiangsu province.
The new line is expected to be cranking out unspecified Apple products by October of 2012. It covers an area of 40,000 square meters, and will employ 35,800 workers. That's a relatively small percentage of Foxconn's total employee count, which numbers over one million.
China Daily notes that the expected value of products created by the plant will be in the range of $949 to $1.1 billion annually, with an import/export value of about $56 million.
Apple must be expecting record sales of new and existing products, as manufacturing partner Foxconn has announced a US$210 million...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station