Carbon Copy Cloner goes commercial, offers previous donators free codes
With the launch of OS X Mountain Lion, Carbon Copy Cloner has made the transition from donationware to commercial product. The cloning software that makes a bootable backup of your hard drive will be $29.96 until August 12, then the price rises to $39.95. A free 30-day trial is available.
To express appreciation for users who donated to Carbon Copy Cloner through July 24, Bombich Software will provide free registration codes for Carbon Copy Cloner 3.5. Qualifying users can retrieve their codes through Bombich's site.
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.4.6 and below will still be free. However, to use CCC on Mountain Lion, users will have to make the transition to 3.5 and the commercial product.
Hat tip to YodaMac
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV