OS X 10.8.1 seeded to developers
Version 10.8.1 of OS X Mountain Lion has been seeded to developers.
There aren't any known issues listed in the release notes, just a short list under "Focus areas":
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange in Mail
- PAC proxies in Safari
- Wi-Fi and audio when connected to Thunderbolt display
These changes must be minor, as the delta update clocks in at a svelte 38.54 MB in size. This is the first developer seed we've seen since the release of Mountain Lion on July 25.
This update is available at Apple's developer site under "Additional Downloads." As Ars and MacRumors pointed out, 10.8.1 made a cameo appearance in Geekbench results earlier this week -- but more interesting than the OS version was the machine ID it was supposedly running on, a possible hint of a 13" Retina display MacBook Pro.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter