OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.1 update now available
Apple has released OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1, and the update is now available in the Mac App Store under the Updates tab. A manual installer is also available for download.
In the support notes about the update, Apple recommends backing up your system before running the installer. A reboot is required in order to complete the update.
The update includes a number of fixes:
- Resolves an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolves an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Addresses an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolves an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Addresses a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improves 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials
If you are updating today (and please back up first!) let us know your results. Last week, we rounded up our top Mountain Lion gripes; hopefully some of them were addressed in this update.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time