Apple releases OS X 10.8.2 with new Facebook, Messages and FaceTime features
On the same day it released iOS 6, Apple also dropped the latest version of OS X Mountain Lion. Version 10.8.2 adds new Facebook features including single sign-on, the ability to share links and photos via Facebook and the addition of Facebook notifications in Mountain Lion's notification center. Facebook also made its way into Game Center so you can share your best scores with your Facebook friends and see your friends in Game Center's friend recommendations. There's even a "Like" button that you can use to share all your favorite games.
Apple also improved Messages and FaceTime so that iMessages and FaceTime calls sent to your phone number will be also land on your Mac. There's also a handful of bug fixes that affect Twitter, AirPlay Mirroring, Safari and more. You can check out the full list on Apple's support website and download the update from the Mac App Store or by clicking on Software Update in the Apple menu.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free