Apple releases OS X 10.8.2 with new Facebook, Messages and FaceTime features
On the same day it released iOS 6, Apple also dropped the latest version of OS X Mountain Lion. Version 10.8.2 adds new Facebook features including single sign-on, the ability to share links and photos via Facebook and the addition of Facebook notifications in Mountain Lion's notification center. Facebook also made its way into Game Center so you can share your best scores with your Facebook friends and see your friends in Game Center's friend recommendations. There's even a "Like" button that you can use to share all your favorite games.
Apple also improved Messages and FaceTime so that iMessages and FaceTime calls sent to your phone number will be also land on your Mac. There's also a handful of bug fixes that affect Twitter, AirPlay Mirroring, Safari and more. You can check out the full list on Apple's support website and download the update from the Mac App Store or by clicking on Software Update in the Apple menu.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter