Steve Jobs' former friends, colleagues share memories
As we approach the first anniversary of Steve Jobs' passing, former friends and colleagues are sharing memories of time spent with Apple's former CEO. Several of those stories will appear in the October 22nd, 2012 issue of Forbes magazine.
One amusing tale comes from Randy Adams, who worked with Jobs at NeXT. The pair had bought Porsche 911s and always parked them side-by-side. One day Adams received a phone call from Jobs, telling him they had to move their cars. When he asked why, Steve answered: "Ross Perot is coming by and thinking of investing in the company, and we don't want him to think we have a lot of money."
They moved the cars to behind the building and Perot later invested US$20 million.
There are a few more fun stories in the article. Check it out and look for the forthcoming issue of Forbes for more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows