TUAW TV Live at 5 PM ET: Live from LA
This week, I'm in Los Angeles, Calif. While I can't guarantee that today's show will come from poolside (the hotel I'm staying at is really close to LAX and the airplane noise might be a bit loud), I can assure you that we'll have a chance to chat about our favorite fruit-flavored consumer electronics company today.
And there's a lot to talk about! Apple has teased the world with invitations to an event on October 23, I've fallen in love with a new social media app (Lightt), and there are also a number of software and hardware announcements that have made their way into my inbox since last Wednesday.
As usual, I'll be starting the show at 5 PM EDT (2 PM PDT / 10 PM BST) sharp, and we'll take a few minutes to chat before the demos start. To join in on the chat and watch the live streaming video, drop by TUAW about five minutes before the start time to get your instructions on how to participate. If you're unable to join us for the show, remember that you can always subscribe to the video podcast and watch the show at your leisure in iTunes or any other favorite podcatching app. The past shows are also available on the TUAW YouTube channel.
The chat is on IRC: join us on server chat1.ustream.tv, chat room #tuaw-tv.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter