iTunes 11 delayed until November
Apple has confirmed to CNET that the launch of iTunes 11 will be delayed just a bit. According to Apple spokesperson Tom Neumayr:
"The new iTunes is taking longer than expected and we wanted to take a little extra time to get it right. We look forward to releasing this new version of iTunes with its dramatically simpler and cleaner interface, and seamless integration with iCloud before the end of November."
iTunes 11 was originally announced at the iPhone 5 unveiling in September and promised by the end of October. The software will feature some of the most revamped UI elements the software has seen since its original launch.
It's easy to jump to conclusions that the delay in iTunes 11 is due to Scott Forstall's departure, announced yesterday, however Forstall wasn't directly in charge of iTunes development.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync