iTunes 11 delayed until November
Apple has confirmed to CNET that the launch of iTunes 11 will be delayed just a bit. According to Apple spokesperson Tom Neumayr:
"The new iTunes is taking longer than expected and we wanted to take a little extra time to get it right. We look forward to releasing this new version of iTunes with its dramatically simpler and cleaner interface, and seamless integration with iCloud before the end of November."
iTunes 11 was originally announced at the iPhone 5 unveiling in September and promised by the end of October. The software will feature some of the most revamped UI elements the software has seen since its original launch.
It's easy to jump to conclusions that the delay in iTunes 11 is due to Scott Forstall's departure, announced yesterday, however Forstall wasn't directly in charge of iTunes development.
Apple has confirmed to CNET that the launch of iTunes 11 will be delayed just a bit. According to Apple spokesperson Tom...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs