Palo Alto Apple Store opens, Shenzhen store nearly ready
Apple continues to expand its retail presence both here in the US and in China. As noted by MacNN, Apple's impressive Palo Alto, Calif., store opened this past weekend. The spacious 15,000 square foot store features an arched-glass roof and is estimated to have cost over US$3 million to build. It's located at 340 University Ave., a thoroughfare which is lined by retail stores, coffee houses and outdoor restaurants.
Outside of the US, Apple is also prepping to open its first retail store in Shenzhen, China. The store is located at the Yi Tian Holiday Plaza and is Apple's first store outside the big cities of Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Shenzhen should be familiar to Apple fans as it is also home to a Foxconn manufacturing plant that assembles the iPhone and iPad. The Shenzhen store will open on Saturday, November 3rd.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync