Apple to open 30 to 35 new stores in 2013
In Apple's newly released 2012 annual report to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the company revealed a glimpse into its retail plans for the upcoming fiscal year. Among the tidbits of info is Apple's forecast of opening an additional 30 to 35 retail outlets worldwide by the end of 2013.
Apple fans living abroad will be happy to learn that of the possible 35 new locations, three-quarters are expected to be opened outside the United States. This number falls in line with Apple's recent retail trends, with the company opening 33 stores in 2012 and a whopping 40 in 2011. The company currently boasts 390 stores in 14 countries.
Apple's retail empire continues to grow.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free