Apple to open 30 to 35 new stores in 2013
In Apple's newly released 2012 annual report to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the company revealed a glimpse into its retail plans for the upcoming fiscal year. Among the tidbits of info is Apple's forecast of opening an additional 30 to 35 retail outlets worldwide by the end of 2013.
Apple fans living abroad will be happy to learn that of the possible 35 new locations, three-quarters are expected to be opened outside the United States. This number falls in line with Apple's recent retail trends, with the company opening 33 stores in 2012 and a whopping 40 in 2011. The company currently boasts 390 stores in 14 countries.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter