Apple to open 30 to 35 new stores in 2013
In Apple's newly released 2012 annual report to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the company revealed a glimpse into its retail plans for the upcoming fiscal year. Among the tidbits of info is Apple's forecast of opening an additional 30 to 35 retail outlets worldwide by the end of 2013.
Apple fans living abroad will be happy to learn that of the possible 35 new locations, three-quarters are expected to be opened outside the United States. This number falls in line with Apple's recent retail trends, with the company opening 33 stores in 2012 and a whopping 40 in 2011. The company currently boasts 390 stores in 14 countries.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync