Eddy Cue joins Ferrari board of directors
Apple's head of Internet software and services, Eddy Cue, is now a member of the board of directors at Ferrari. Ferrari announced on Wednesday that Apple's well-known dealmaker has joined the board and will bring his Internet commerce experience to the company.
Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo said in a statement that "I am delighted that Eddy Cue, one of the main driving forces behind Apple's range of revolutionary products, has now joined our board. His huge experience in the dynamic, innovative world of the Internet will be of great assistance to us."
Cue also chimed in about his appointment, extolling his fondness for the company, "I am pleased and proud to become a member of the board," Cue said. "I have personally dreamed of owning a Ferrari since I was 8 years old and have been lucky to be an owner for the past five years. I continue to be awed by the world-class design and engineering that only Ferrari can do."
This isn't the only interaction between the Italian car maker and Apple. Earlier this year, di Montezemolo confirmed that he sat down for two hours with Apple CEO Tim Cook to discuss business strategy and management. He said the two companies "share the the same passion, the same love for the product" as well as the same "maniacal attention to technology, but also to design."
Apple's head of Internet software and services, Eddy Cue, is now a member of the board of directors at Ferrari. Ferrari announced on...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update