Apple to launch first retail stores in Turkey and Brazil, job postings suggests
On its last financial call Apple said it is planning to open 30-35 new retail stores in the next 12 months, with 75 percent of those stores located outside of the United States. Now recent job listings show that at least two of the new stores will be located in Brazil and Turkey -- countries which don't have any official Apple Stores.
The job listings were first noted by Brazilian website MacMagazine and later confirmed by The Next Web. Among the job listings are positions for Business Managers, Geniuses, Inventory Specialists and Store Leaders. The Next Web has also confirmed that at least one of the stores will be opening in Rio de Janeiro and the other in Istanbul. However, TNW points out that a position for a Market Leader in each country suggests that more stores could follow.
Brazil, particularly, is an important emerging market and seen as one Apple needs to go after to continue to increase its global share. Other important emerging markets are Russian, India and China.
[Image via The Next Web]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update