Steve Jobs autographed computer chip
Letters of Note is a wonderful repository of "fascinating letters, postcards, telegrams, faxes and memos," and a favorite destination of several members of the TUAW staff. Today's find was actually published on October 6, 2011, the day after Apple co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs passed on. The typewritten letter, dated November 16, 1983, is from Jobs to an Apple fan ("Francis") who had apparently expressed enthusiasm about the company's early products.
It's pretty cool that Jobs responded to the fan's letter at all, but even more impressive is the fact that his signature isn't on the letter, but on an Applesoft ROM chip taped to the letter. Any TUAW readers with Jobs-signed memorabilia can let us know about your swag through the "Tip Us" button on the top right of this page.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app