Apple drops from No. 15 to No. 42 on list of happiest companies
Job search outlet CareerBliss recently released its list of Happiest Companies for 2013, and it appears Apple has taken a hit in terms of employee satisfaction. While the company didn't even appear on the list for 2011, Apple managed to snag the No. 15 spot on the 2012 list. The 2013 report sees Apple drop to No. 42.
CareerBliss draws its figures from anonymously reported job satisfaction reports that anyone can submit to the site. This unverified type of data gathering might not be the most reliable way to determine what companies are indeed the "happiest," but it's worth noting that the reported average salary for Apple also dropped in the past year from $59,559 to $57,269.
Are Apple's employees less happy than a year ago? CareerBliss suggests they are.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station