Apple now tracks hours for 1M supply chain workers
In the latest update to the company's Supplier Responsibility page, Apple has changed the estimated number of workers in its supply chain from 900,000 to 1 million, MacRumors reports. Along with the new, higher figure, the monthly tracked Work-Hour Compliance chart has also been updated, showing a bit of a dip from the previous month from around 90 percent down to 88 percent for November.
Work-hour compliance hit a high of 97 percent earlier this year in July and August before dipping dramatically to around 87 percent in September. The figure then recovered a bit in October before dropping again last month.
Apple's supply chain employee figure tops 1 million.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free