Apple now tracks hours for 1M supply chain workers
In the latest update to the company's Supplier Responsibility page, Apple has changed the estimated number of workers in its supply chain from 900,000 to 1 million, MacRumors reports. Along with the new, higher figure, the monthly tracked Work-Hour Compliance chart has also been updated, showing a bit of a dip from the previous month from around 90 percent down to 88 percent for November.
Work-hour compliance hit a high of 97 percent earlier this year in July and August before dipping dramatically to around 87 percent in September. The figure then recovered a bit in October before dropping again last month.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options