Talkcast tonight, 10pm ET: Holiday cheer, Apple-style
He may not have taken the front cover, but Tim Cook's selection as a runner-up for Time Magazine's Person of the Year certainly will warm hearts and stockings over Cupertino way. In some ways it's best he wasn't selected over President Barack Obama; it would have made for a particularly awkward iPad mini ad.
We've only got two days left before Christmas, and if you're still looking for gift ideas (sorry, iPad mini stock is all booked up) or just need an hour's break from kith and kin, we're here for you. We'll talk Tim Cook, holiday plans, and generally kick back and relax. It'll be fun.
As mentioned on the show last week, we'll also be accepting entries into our Sci-Fi Holiday Carol contest; prizes will be awarded for both lyrical composition and performance. The best "Cylon Night, Holy Night" will get a snazzy iPhone 5 case from Speck, so warm up those vocal cords!
To participate live during the show, you can use the browser-only Talkshoe client, the embedded Facebook app, or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, the best way to have your voice heard is to call in.
For the web UI, just click the Talkshoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 pm EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (viva free weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature