Estimated $1.3 million worth of product stolen from Paris Apple store on New Years Eve
Perhaps the biggest heist from an Apple Store yet took place in Paris on New Year's Eve. At around 9 PM local time, four masked thieves broke into the Apple Store located near the Paris Opera and stole a lot of Apple goods, according to police. While the police declined to say how much was stolen, the number €1 million (about US$1.3 million) has been floating around the web.
According to the BBC, Paris police said that the break-in was planned to coincide with New Year's Eve festivities as most of the police force would be patrolling the Champs-Elysées. No injuries were reported and the store had been closed for approximately three hours when the break-in occurred. There have been no arrests yet.
Perhaps the biggest heist from an Apple Store yet took place in Paris on New Year's Eve. At around 9 PM local time, four masked...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support