Car crashes into Chicago-area Apple store
At approximately 6:30 PM local time on Sunday, January 13, a car crashed through the glass walls of the Lincoln Park Apple Store in Chicago, Ill. The dark-colored Lincoln Town Car was reportedly driven by an elderly individual, according to The Chicago Tribune. The car smashed through the store's glass walls and then came to a stop about five feet inside, near a display holding headphones an other accessories.
At first, no one was reported hurt; paramedics were later called back to the scene, however, to treat an individual who was later taken to a local hospital. Right now there are no reports as to why the crash occurred, but "smash and grab" theft does not appear to be a motivation. The crash happened approximately 30 minutes before the store's scheduled close on Sunday. There's no word yet on whether the store will be closed due the accident today, although it seems likely.
(Photo via @ericingrum)
At approximately 6:30 PM local time on Sunday, January 13, a car crashed through the glass walls of the Lincoln Park Apple Store in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free