Apple sold 10 iOS devices per second last quarter
According to Apple's earnings call, iOS devices are selling like hotcakes. You probably didn't need me to tell you that, but here we are, talking about it anyway. Now, how fast did the Apple-flavored hotcakes sell? Approximately 10 per second for the entire last quarter of 2012.
47.8 million iPhones and 22.9 million iPads landed in the hands of happy consumers last quarter, which is a rate of 6 iPhones and 3 iPads per second. The remaining sales were made up by the diehard iPod Touch. All told, over 75 million iOS devices were sold during the timeframe, which just so happens to be a new record.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free