Apple sold 10 iOS devices per second last quarter
According to Apple's earnings call, iOS devices are selling like hotcakes. You probably didn't need me to tell you that, but here we are, talking about it anyway. Now, how fast did the Apple-flavored hotcakes sell? Approximately 10 per second for the entire last quarter of 2012.
47.8 million iPhones and 22.9 million iPads landed in the hands of happy consumers last quarter, which is a rate of 6 iPhones and 3 iPads per second. The remaining sales were made up by the diehard iPod Touch. All told, over 75 million iOS devices were sold during the timeframe, which just so happens to be a new record.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs