Apple's profit margin down, shares take a hit
We already know that iOS devices had a record-breaking quarter according to Apple's most recent earnings report, but that figure alone isn't enough to impress Wall Street. Unfortunately, while the company dodged a year-over-year loss in overall profit, the company's profit margin took a sizable hit, down 6.1 percentage points to 38.6% from a year earlier.
This, combined with worries that current iPhone sales have flattened off considerably, helped to contribute to an after-hours hit to Apple's stock price. Currently, shares are down just over 10% (roughly 51 points) since trading closed.
Apple's margins take a hit, and so does its stock price.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements