Apple's profit margin down, shares take a hit
We already know that iOS devices had a record-breaking quarter according to Apple's most recent earnings report, but that figure alone isn't enough to impress Wall Street. Unfortunately, while the company dodged a year-over-year loss in overall profit, the company's profit margin took a sizable hit, down 6.1 percentage points to 38.6% from a year earlier.
This, combined with worries that current iPhone sales have flattened off considerably, helped to contribute to an after-hours hit to Apple's stock price. Currently, shares are down just over 10% (roughly 51 points) since trading closed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter