Weekend poll: Why the long OS upgrade delays?
iOS 6.1. OS X 10.8.3. What do they have in common? They are Apple operating system updates that many expected to debut way earlier than now.
So why the delay?
Is Apple fixing engineering issues from previous teams? As Craig Federighi (at right) takes control over a joint OS X/iOS team, are new directions being explored? Is this extra time allowing code review and bug fixes? Or is something else at play? Could someone have exposed the engineers to water and/or bright lights?
You tell us.
Jump into this poll and then add your comments about the latest OS delays.
|Apple is redirecting development efforts to prepare for some other big upcoming launch.||759 (26.4%)|
|Bug fixes. Lots and lots of bug fixes.||1059 (36.8%)|
|New, as-yet unannounced features or services that postponed release.||426 (14.8%)|
|Gremlins. Someone fed the Apple Engineers after midnight.||304 (10.6%)|
|Teams diverted to creating hair gel before returning to OS coding and maintenance||206 (7.2%)|
|Something else. I'll tell you in the comments.||124 (4.3%)|
iOS 6.1. OS X 10.8.3. What do they have in common? They are Apple operating system updates that many expected to debut way earlier than...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free