Weekend poll: Why the long OS upgrade delays?
iOS 6.1. OS X 10.8.3. What do they have in common? They are Apple operating system updates that many expected to debut way earlier than now.
So why the delay?
Is Apple fixing engineering issues from previous teams? As Craig Federighi (at right) takes control over a joint OS X/iOS team, are new directions being explored? Is this extra time allowing code review and bug fixes? Or is something else at play? Could someone have exposed the engineers to water and/or bright lights?
You tell us.
Jump into this poll and then add your comments about the latest OS delays.
|Apple is redirecting development efforts to prepare for some other big upcoming launch.||759 (26.4%)|
|Bug fixes. Lots and lots of bug fixes.||1059 (36.8%)|
|New, as-yet unannounced features or services that postponed release.||426 (14.8%)|
|Gremlins. Someone fed the Apple Engineers after midnight.||304 (10.6%)|
|Teams diverted to creating hair gel before returning to OS coding and maintenance||206 (7.2%)|
|Something else. I'll tell you in the comments.||124 (4.3%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync