Weekend poll: Why the long OS upgrade delays?
iOS 6.1. OS X 10.8.3. What do they have in common? They are Apple operating system updates that many expected to debut way earlier than now.
So why the delay?
Is Apple fixing engineering issues from previous teams? As Craig Federighi (at right) takes control over a joint OS X/iOS team, are new directions being explored? Is this extra time allowing code review and bug fixes? Or is something else at play? Could someone have exposed the engineers to water and/or bright lights?
You tell us.
Jump into this poll and then add your comments about the latest OS delays.
|Apple is redirecting development efforts to prepare for some other big upcoming launch.||759 (26.4%)|
|Bug fixes. Lots and lots of bug fixes.||1059 (36.8%)|
|New, as-yet unannounced features or services that postponed release.||426 (14.8%)|
|Gremlins. Someone fed the Apple Engineers after midnight.||304 (10.6%)|
|Teams diverted to creating hair gel before returning to OS coding and maintenance||206 (7.2%)|
|Something else. I'll tell you in the comments.||124 (4.3%)|
iOS 6.1. OS X 10.8.3. What do they have in common? They are Apple operating system updates that many expected to debut way earlier than...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved