Apple is Fortune 'World's Most Admired Company' for 2013
For the past 30 years, Fortune has compiled a list of the World's Most Admired Companies. This year, as with the previous five years, Apple took the top spot in the ranking.
The ranking is compiled from results of an annual poll of business executives asking them to identify the companies they most admire. Fortune Senior Editor-at-Large Adam Lashinsky notes that, "For some, the news will come as a surprise. Headlines of late have tended to portend Apple's demise... Corporate admiration, however, appears to outlast the fickle tastes of investors and consumers alike."
Following Apple in the ranking were Google and Amazon.com, followed by beverage providers Coca-Cola and Starbucks. IBM hit the sixth spot as most admired, with Southwest Airlines, Berkshire Hathaway, Walt Disney and FedEx rounding out the list.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free