Apple.com world's 8th most popular website in new ComScore ranking
For 2012, Apple's website was ranked as the world's 11th most popular. However, that ranking did not take mobile access into account -- just desktop access. Now web analytics firm ComScore has added mobile visitors and viewers to their count, pushing Apple up to the No. 8 spot on the MMX Multi-Platform Top 50 Properties list.
The first five sites on the list are not surprising, with Google sites taking the lead followed by Yahoo, Microsoft, Facebook and Amazon. Sites run by TUAW parent company AOL are in the sixth spot, followed by Glam Media and, finally, Apple. Rounding out the top 10 are Wikimedia sites and CBS Interactive.
Apple's total "digital population" on the ComScore list is counted as 115,920,000 unique visitors/viewers, about half that of list-leading Google's count. Not surprisingly, Apple's mobile audience viewed as an incremental percentage to the desktop numbers was 54 percent, indicating a strong mobile presence on the web.
For 2012, Apple's website was ranked as the world's 11th most popular. However, that ranking did not take mobile access into account...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free