Apple to release Q2 2013 earnings results on April 23
Apple updated its investor relations page on Monday to reveal that the company will post its earnings results for Q2 2013 on Tuesday, April 23. Per usual, an earnings conference call will follow at 5 PM ET. Typically, this is where CEO Tim Cook and CFO Peter Oppenheimer go over Apple's earnings in further detail and answer an assortment of questions from analysts.
Naturally, all eyes will be on Apple and its perceived ability to maintain the tremendous growth it has enjoyed over the past few years.
For historical context, let's take a quick look at Apple's Q2 results from the past two years.
During Apple's second fiscal quarter of 2012, the company posted revenue of $39.2 billion and a quarterly net profit of $11.6 billion, resulting in EPS of $12.30.
During Apple's second fiscal quarter of 2011, the company posted revenue of $24.7 billion and a quarterly net profit of $6 billion, resulting in an EPS of $6.40.
So quarter over quarter, Apple's Q2 profits increased by nearly 94 percent from 2011 to 2012. While no one on Wall Street anticipates Apple's Q2 2013 growth to be anywhere near 94 percent, it'll be interesting to see how drastically the addition of the iPad mini to Apple's fleet of products will affect its bottom line compared to last quarter.
Apple updated its investor relations page on Monday to reveal that the company will post its earnings results for Q2 2013 on Tuesday,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs