Apple to hit the road with more Tech Talks
Apple on Friday posted a new message on its developer news site stating that the company will be "hitting the road" this fall with Tech Talks set to take place in a number of cities.
Enthusiasm for WWDC 2013 has been incredible, with tickets selling out in record time. For those who can't join us in San Francisco, you can still take advantage of great WWDC content, as we'll be posting videos of all our sessions during the conference. We'll also be hitting the road this fall with Tech Talks in a city near you. Hope to see you there.
The initiative is likely a response to the overwhelming demand for WWDC tickets which continue to sell out at a faster clip with each passing year. This week, tickets to WWDC 2013 sold out in minutes, leaving many developers out of luck.
To help remedy that, Apple in recent years started posting free videos of developer sessions online, something it will continue to do this year. Previously, Apple charged developers hundreds of dollars to view said videos.
The last time Apple held a Tech Talks tour was back in 2011 when it launched its iOS 5 Tech Talk World Tour.
While Apple hasn't yet indicated which cities it will be travelling to this fall, the cities which received the Tech Talk treatment two years ago included New York, Seattle, Austin, Berlin, London, Rome, Beijing, Seoul, and Sao Paolo.
via The Next Web
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync