CocoaConf Alt 2013 canceled
The 2013 CocoaConf Alt in June has been canceled due to conflicts with its venue, the Intercontinental San Francisco. The issue arose because of a pre-existing agreement between the hotel and Apple.
Anyone who has registered will receive a refund and a free pass to an upcoming CocoaConf event.
We had secured space in the hotel directly next door to the big show, and we were putting together a phenomenal list of speakers. Ticket sales were better than we had hoped. All was well until we got an email from the Intercontinental San Francisco, saying that they had determined that our event was in conflict with Apple and that due to their contract with Apple, we couldn't use the space.
A flurry of frantic emails followed, but to no avail. We tried finding another venue close enough to make it work, but that didn't pan out either. Since many of our speakers had tickets and were going to be at WWDC, we had to be close enough for them to pop over without missing much of the action. Nothing within our radius was available at a price we could manage.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature