Half a million iTunes accounts are created each day
Asymco's Horace Dediu points out that, on average, over half a million iTunes accounts are being created each day. At WWDC this week, Tim Cook announced iTunes has 575 million accounts. Horace Dediu took that figure and calculated it with previous iTunes membership milestones to find the average number of new iTunes accounts created daily.
If Dediu's trend continues, iTunes will add another 100 million account holders this year. If it holds for three years, iTunes will have more account holders than Facebook by 2017. That is, of course, only if Facebook doesn't continue to add accounts, which it probably will. These numbers still demonstrate just how large iTunes is. If iTunes were an actual social network, it would be second only to Facebook and larger and Twitter and LinkedIn.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration