Half a million iTunes accounts are created each day
Asymco's Horace Dediu points out that, on average, over half a million iTunes accounts are being created each day. At WWDC this week, Tim Cook announced iTunes has 575 million accounts. Horace Dediu took that figure and calculated it with previous iTunes membership milestones to find the average number of new iTunes accounts created daily.
If Dediu's trend continues, iTunes will add another 100 million account holders this year. If it holds for three years, iTunes will have more account holders than Facebook by 2017. That is, of course, only if Facebook doesn't continue to add accounts, which it probably will. These numbers still demonstrate just how large iTunes is. If iTunes were an actual social network, it would be second only to Facebook and larger and Twitter and LinkedIn.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync