Half a million iTunes accounts are created each day
Asymco's Horace Dediu points out that, on average, over half a million iTunes accounts are being created each day. At WWDC this week, Tim Cook announced iTunes has 575 million accounts. Horace Dediu took that figure and calculated it with previous iTunes membership milestones to find the average number of new iTunes accounts created daily.
If Dediu's trend continues, iTunes will add another 100 million account holders this year. If it holds for three years, iTunes will have more account holders than Facebook by 2017. That is, of course, only if Facebook doesn't continue to add accounts, which it probably will. These numbers still demonstrate just how large iTunes is. If iTunes were an actual social network, it would be second only to Facebook and larger and Twitter and LinkedIn.
Asymco's Horace Dediu points out that, on average, over half a million iTunes accounts are being created each day. At WWDC this week, Tim...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates