Three things you (probably) didn't know about OS X Mavericks' name
- Mavericks is a surfing spot near Pillar Point Harbor in Northern California.
- Not only is it OS X's first non-cat name, it's actually named after a German Shepard named Maverick. Hard to say how many place names in California are named after dogs, but it could be an interesting trend.
- The name is a possessive, not a plural (several Mavericks).
Update: An anonymous tipster adds: "One other note about Mavericks - it is located very near Half Moon Bay where several Apple execs (Phil Schiller and others) live. You didn't hear this from me."
Mavericks is a surfing spot near Pillar Point Harbor in Northern California. Not only is it OS X's first non-cat name, it's actually...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support