Russia's online Apple Store features virtual specialist
While there still aren't any brick-and-mortar Apple Stores in Russia, Apple's online presence in the country went live yesterday. And though there may be no flesh-and-blood Apple Geniuses in the country... yet... the Russian online Apple Store features a pair of smiling blue-shirted specialists who are the gateway to help from real people.
Should a visitor to the online store want assistance in selecting the best model of MacBook Pro, they can connect to a helper through an online chat, telephone call or by screen sharing. After a purchase, an online setup session can be scheduled using screen sharing.
The UK online Apple Store also uses the virtual specialists, and the video explaining the service has been subtitled in Russian and is available for viewing on the Russian site.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync