Russia's online Apple Store features virtual specialist
While there still aren't any brick-and-mortar Apple Stores in Russia, Apple's online presence in the country went live yesterday. And though there may be no flesh-and-blood Apple Geniuses in the country... yet... the Russian online Apple Store features a pair of smiling blue-shirted specialists who are the gateway to help from real people.
Should a visitor to the online store want assistance in selecting the best model of MacBook Pro, they can connect to a helper through an online chat, telephone call or by screen sharing. After a purchase, an online setup session can be scheduled using screen sharing.
The UK online Apple Store also uses the virtual specialists, and the video explaining the service has been subtitled in Russian and is available for viewing on the Russian site.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)