Russia's online Apple Store features virtual specialist
While there still aren't any brick-and-mortar Apple Stores in Russia, Apple's online presence in the country went live yesterday. And though there may be no flesh-and-blood Apple Geniuses in the country... yet... the Russian online Apple Store features a pair of smiling blue-shirted specialists who are the gateway to help from real people.
Should a visitor to the online store want assistance in selecting the best model of MacBook Pro, they can connect to a helper through an online chat, telephone call or by screen sharing. After a purchase, an online setup session can be scheduled using screen sharing.
The UK online Apple Store also uses the virtual specialists, and the video explaining the service has been subtitled in Russian and is available for viewing on the Russian site.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter