Russia's online Apple Store features virtual specialist
While there still aren't any brick-and-mortar Apple Stores in Russia, Apple's online presence in the country went live yesterday. And though there may be no flesh-and-blood Apple Geniuses in the country... yet... the Russian online Apple Store features a pair of smiling blue-shirted specialists who are the gateway to help from real people.
Should a visitor to the online store want assistance in selecting the best model of MacBook Pro, they can connect to a helper through an online chat, telephone call or by screen sharing. After a purchase, an online setup session can be scheduled using screen sharing.
The UK online Apple Store also uses the virtual specialists, and the video explaining the service has been subtitled in Russian and is available for viewing on the Russian site.
While there still aren't any brick-and-mortar Apple Stores in Russia, Apple's online presence in the country went live yesterday. And...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free