Apple acknowledges that developer site was hacked
In an email to developers on Sunday, Apple acknowledged that the reason behind the lengthy developer site outage was because of a hacking attempt on Thursday. Apple said that personal information was not accessed, however it is double checking to make sure that developer names, emails and physical addresses were not compromised.
Apple said it is working around the clock to overhaul the developer system, including server updates and rebuilding the database. While it did not give an estimated time when the developer site would be back online, the company said it would be soon.
If your membership in the iOS or Mac developer programs was set to expire during this time, Apple has automatically extended it.
The interesting thing to see is how the release of iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks will be affected, if at all, because of the length of time the developer's site has been down.
The Loop has some comments from Apple as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app