iTunes Store tops ForeSee survey for video streaming satisfaction
Analytics firm ForeSee's recent Mobile Satisfaction Index: Media and Entertainment Edition has a nice plum for Apple: the firm's survey of customers found that iTunes scored the highest in terms of satisfaction, beating out HBO GO, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and Hulu Plus.
As ForeSee points out, iTunes uses a "slightly different model than its streaming counterparts," actually requiring iTunes customers to download the content prior to viewing. The survey notes that this eliminates the performance issues seen with competing services, which are often plagued with error messages or playback problems, particularly when streaming on public WiFi systems.
iTunes managed a satisfaction score of 80, with HBO GO and Netflix close behind at 79. The average of all of the services surveyed was 78, meaning that for the most part consumers are fairly happy with streaming media.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options