iOS 7 released: go forth and update!
It's finally here! Apple has released iOS 7 to the public.
The new firmware is now available through iTunes and as an over-the-air update for WiFi connections. (The firmware occupies something north of 1.25 GB, so caveat updateus, aka updater beware.)
The new update requires iTunes 11.1, which was released earlier today. If you use your iPhone primarily with a computer, you'll want to grab a copy.
iOS 7 introduces many fabulous new features, which we've been covering today at TUAW. Ready to dive into the amazing new Jony Ive-led redesign? I've made sure to enable comments on this post. Share your experiences in download, installing and using this new update!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter