iOS 7 released: go forth and update!
It's finally here! Apple has released iOS 7 to the public.
The new firmware is now available through iTunes and as an over-the-air update for WiFi connections. (The firmware occupies something north of 1.25 GB, so caveat updateus, aka updater beware.)
The new update requires iTunes 11.1, which was released earlier today. If you use your iPhone primarily with a computer, you'll want to grab a copy.
iOS 7 introduces many fabulous new features, which we've been covering today at TUAW. Ready to dive into the amazing new Jony Ive-led redesign? I've made sure to enable comments on this post. Share your experiences in download, installing and using this new update!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV