OS X Mavericks: Export as PDF from the File menu
Apple's OS X Mavericks offers more than 200 new features, many of which are overshadowed by marquee additions like Finder tags and iCloud Keychain. I've fallen in love with a lesser-known feature that's already saved me lots of time: Export as PDF from the File menu.
Previously, you could convert a file to PDF by opening a Print dialog, selecting Save as PDF and then choosing a destination. Now it's even easier.
Simply select Export as PDF... from the File menu of a supported app and presto! Instant PDF. You can even add a tag while you're at it. Note that some apps aren't supported. For example, the option is there in Safari, Text Edit and Mail, but not in Microsoft Word.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter