OS X Mavericks: Export as PDF from the File menu
Apple's OS X Mavericks offers more than 200 new features, many of which are overshadowed by marquee additions like Finder tags and iCloud Keychain. I've fallen in love with a lesser-known feature that's already saved me lots of time: Export as PDF from the File menu.
Previously, you could convert a file to PDF by opening a Print dialog, selecting Save as PDF and then choosing a destination. Now it's even easier.
Simply select Export as PDF... from the File menu of a supported app and presto! Instant PDF. You can even add a tag while you're at it. Note that some apps aren't supported. For example, the option is there in Safari, Text Edit and Mail, but not in Microsoft Word.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)