Apple issues Mail update for OS X Mavericks to address Gmail compatibility issues
If you're one of the many users dismayed by the fact that the Mail.app in OS X Mavericks doesn't play nicely with Gmail, your troubles will hopefully be a thing of the past.
After a number of reports indicating that Apple has been working on a fix, Apple today issued a Mail update for OS X Mavericks which aims to smooth over Gmail compatibility issues while also offering a few other email enhancements.
The full changelog reads:
Mail Update for Mavericks includes improvements to general stability and compatibility with Gmail, including the following:
- Fixes an issue that prevents deleting, moving, and archiving messages for users with custom Gmail settings
- Addresses an issue that may cause unread counts to be inaccurate
- Includes additional fixes that improve the compatibility and stability of Mail
The update checks in at 32.46 MB and can be accessed here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV