Apple issues Mail update for OS X Mavericks to address Gmail compatibility issues
If you're one of the many users dismayed by the fact that the Mail.app in OS X Mavericks doesn't play nicely with Gmail, your troubles will hopefully be a thing of the past.
After a number of reports indicating that Apple has been working on a fix, Apple today issued a Mail update for OS X Mavericks which aims to smooth over Gmail compatibility issues while also offering a few other email enhancements.
The full changelog reads:
Mail Update for Mavericks includes improvements to general stability and compatibility with Gmail, including the following:
- Fixes an issue that prevents deleting, moving, and archiving messages for users with custom Gmail settings
- Addresses an issue that may cause unread counts to be inaccurate
- Includes additional fixes that improve the compatibility and stability of Mail
The update checks in at 32.46 MB and can be accessed here.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter