Apple begins collecting Philippine typhoon donations for the American Red Cross
Apple is now offering people the ability to donate directly to the American Red Cross in order to help support the Philippine typhoon disaster relief. The donations are being advertised on Apple's home page and in iTunes. iTunes users can donate in increments of US$5, $10, $25, $50, $100 and $200 in the US iTunes store. Check your local iTunes store for currency amounts there.
Of note, 100 percent of every donation will go to the American Red Cross. Apple does mention that because it does not share iTunes user data with anyone, people who donate will not get an acknowledgment from the American Red Cross, but they will receive an iTunes receipt noting their contribution.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter