Apple begins collecting Philippine typhoon donations for the American Red Cross
Apple is now offering people the ability to donate directly to the American Red Cross in order to help support the Philippine typhoon disaster relief. The donations are being advertised on Apple's home page and in iTunes. iTunes users can donate in increments of US$5, $10, $25, $50, $100 and $200 in the US iTunes store. Check your local iTunes store for currency amounts there.
Of note, 100 percent of every donation will go to the American Red Cross. Apple does mention that because it does not share iTunes user data with anyone, people who donate will not get an acknowledgment from the American Red Cross, but they will receive an iTunes receipt noting their contribution.
Apple is now offering people the ability to donate directly to the American Red Cross in order to help support the Philippine typhoon...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update