Slice shopping assistant now allows you to receive Safari push notifications
One new feature added to OS X Mavericks is the integration of Safari into Notification Center, which allows websites to send you push notifications. Earlier this month, Pinterest added support for this new feature and now Slice, a popular shopping assistant, is adopting this practice as well. These sites are among many that are jumping on the OS X notification bandwagon.
With push notifications enabled, Slice will be able to send you shipping notifications so you know when your package is on the way. You'll also be alerted to price drops on items you have recently purchased. Slice recently added recall alerts to its suite of features and these alerts are also included in OS X notifications.
To enable this feature, just visit the Slice website with Safari and follow directions to turn on this feature.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync