Slice shopping assistant now allows you to receive Safari push notifications
One new feature added to OS X Mavericks is the integration of Safari into Notification Center, which allows websites to send you push notifications. Earlier this month, Pinterest added support for this new feature and now Slice, a popular shopping assistant, is adopting this practice as well. These sites are among many that are jumping on the OS X notification bandwagon.
With push notifications enabled, Slice will be able to send you shipping notifications so you know when your package is on the way. You'll also be alerted to price drops on items you have recently purchased. Slice recently added recall alerts to its suite of features and these alerts are also included in OS X notifications.
To enable this feature, just visit the Slice website with Safari and follow directions to turn on this feature.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)