Slice shopping assistant now allows you to receive Safari push notifications
One new feature added to OS X Mavericks is the integration of Safari into Notification Center, which allows websites to send you push notifications. Earlier this month, Pinterest added support for this new feature and now Slice, a popular shopping assistant, is adopting this practice as well. These sites are among many that are jumping on the OS X notification bandwagon.
With push notifications enabled, Slice will be able to send you shipping notifications so you know when your package is on the way. You'll also be alerted to price drops on items you have recently purchased. Slice recently added recall alerts to its suite of features and these alerts are also included in OS X notifications.
To enable this feature, just visit the Slice website with Safari and follow directions to turn on this feature.
One new feature added to OS X Mavericks is the integration of Safari into Notification Center, which allows websites to send you push...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free