AAPL in the black for 2013, shares expected to climb
AAPL shareholders were cheering last Friday because of all the foot traffic going through Apple Store doors. But that wasn't their only reason to celebrate. The day also marked the first time AAPL stock was in the black this year, closing at a high of US$556.07. The stock price started the year out at $549.03 on January 2, 2013, before plummeting to a low of $390.53 on April 19.
Since the 19th of April, the stock has been on shaky ground, recovering, then retreating, before recovering again. It spent most of this year floating in the sub-$500 range -- a far cry from its $705 high it hit in September 2012.
However, with its closing high of $556.07 on Friday, the stock is now in positive territory and many analysts see an upwards swing for the remainder of 2013 and into 2014. Many analysts expect the stock to reach $600 in the next several months, while some maintain a $777 target in the next 12 months.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync