Apple releases OS X 10.9.4, iOS 7.1.2, and Apple TV update
Apple today released an update for OS X Mavericks, bringing its desktop OS to version 10.9.4. This update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks owners and includes the following changes:
- Fixes an issue that prevented some Macs from automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks
- Fixes issue causing the background or Apple logo to appear incorrectly on startup
- Improves the reliability of waking from sleep
- Includes Safari 7.0.5
The update is available to Mac owners via the Software Update feature in the Mac App Store.
At the same time it updated OS X Mavericks, Apple also released iOS 7.1.2 with improvements to iBeacon, Mail and other underlying bug fixes. According to the release notes, the latest iOS update includes the following changes:
- Improves iBeacon connectivity and stability
- Fixes a bug with data transfer for some 3rd party accessories, including bar code scanners
- Corrects an issue with data protection class of Mail attachments
You can download the update over-the-air via Settings > General > Software Update or install it via iTunes by connecting your phone to computer using a USB cable.
Last but not least, Apple updated its Apple TV to version 6.2 without any noted major changes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync