Apple opens temporary, "open air" shop
Apple has opened its first open-air shop, a mix of traditional mall kiosk and Apple simplicity. Located at Glattzentrum mall in Wallisellen, the open-air shop has been set up while the mall's main Apple store is undergoing a complicated expansion. According to Macnn.com, reporting from a translated post on MacPrime.ch, workers are unsure as to how long the renovations will take.
Considering Apple is expected to be launching new products this Fall, this open-air shop will allow the company to maintain its current presence in the mall even if the renovations last through the possible product launches. While the open-air shop doesn't have the square footage of a normal Apple Store, the set up is familiar; rows of tables showcase demonstration models while accessories line shelves. When a purchase is made the associate runs to grab it from the inventory room.
You can see some pictures taken by MacPrime.ch above and below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration